Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Just shoot me

I show up to the airport today ready to depart for my first Diamond league meet in Doha.  I check in pay for the poles and proceed through security.  Minutes after I sit down a lady comes to me and says she has bad news, the poles are not going to be able to make it on the plane, I look outside and see the biggest plane I've ever flown on.  She says they measured the poles and looked in their books and they will not fit, I told her she was crazy and I've done this a hundred times they will fit, but to no avail.  So now my poles are in their way back to my car on a shuttle bus and I am about to board a plane and go to a meet knowing I will not have poles.  The good thing is that I know Fabian Schultz from Germany will be at the meet and I've use ls his poles before.  So I'm ready to make the most of it  and kick some butt on borrowed poles.  HAHA all I can do is laugh right now.  It's time to get on the plane, hopefully this is the only hiccup on this trip.  

Always Pursuing,
Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment