Saturday, March 6, 2010

Last indoor meet of the season

I had probably the best final meet of my indoor season that Ive ever had last night at the Alex Wilson Invitational at Notre Dame.  My plan was to jump from 5 lefts but my family ended up coming to the meet so I made the decision to come from 7 lefts instead.  Although I train full-time at Notre Dame this is the first time this year I have competed there, the runway they have is too short and they have not agreed to add any more.

It really was a great meet, the crowd is always awesome there and it was great to have my parents, my sister and her family,  3 fellow coaches from Memorial high school as well as 2 of my athletes there to watch and cheer me on.

I came in to the meet at 17'4" and made it pretty easily on my first attempt, it wasnt the prettiest jump but I can  make those lower heights still doing a lot of things wrong.  We went up to 17'8" and after going up a pole i put a good jump together and put some good height on the bar.  The bar was then raised to 5.51m or 18'1" I had one of the best jumps of the night on my second attempt and made the bar pretty easily!  Thats a new personal best from 7 lefts and a new fieldhouse record at Notre Dame!

I decided to put the bar at 5.61m or 18'4" which would have been a season best and a pretty big height from only 7 lefts.  When the bar gets up that high you really have to do about everything right to get the bar to stay up.  My first 2 jumps were ok, close but not great, my third jump I really had a great take-off and swing up the pole, i had the height but didnt quite get the depth that i needed so i came up a bit short.  So although it would have been awesome to come away with that height I'm very happy with the way the meet ended up. 

I have to give a shoutout to all of the people who have given their time, resources, services, and money to me to help me succeed.  I am so blessed to have each and every one of you in my life and this pursuit would not be possible without you. 

One of the most recent of these has been the donation of a water ionizer from Romi Sink at water ionizer authority.  I have been very excited about the possibility of using a water ionizer after hearing a lot of great things about it from fellow vaulters who have also used one and had great results.  I am still learning a lot about them and the numerous health benefits many of which are far beyond that of me just being a better athlete.  I have started drinking the water and as time goes on I will be updating you with how it works and the benefits that I see from it.  I really cant tell you how great Romi has been through this process, I can tell through our conversations that she really wants great things for me, she wants me to succeed and she genuinely believes in me.  I urge all of you to check out her site, she has done a ton of research on water ionizers and can answer any questions you might have. 

Thanks again to all you guys, its been a great first half of the season, my best ever actually, we have much to come and Im so excited about what its going to bring.

Always Pursuing
-Mark-

No comments:

Post a Comment